1. People have been living in Klerskorp for over 150 years.
2. Klerksdorp is part of the city of Matlosana municipality.
3. The city inherited its name from Jacob de Clercq.
4. Desmond Tutu was born in Klerksdorp.
5. It's much bigger than people think
6. Home to a vast shopping center.
7. In 1886 gold was discovered close to the city.
8. Klerksdorp's very first shop was opened in 1865.
9. Klerskdorp's biggest newspaper has been in business for more than 100 years.
10. The town's mining production was restored in 1932.
11. The city was almost a host city for 2010's FIFIA World Cup.
12. There have been sightings of strange spheres in the area.
13. Home to the largest agricultural company South of the equator.
14. Klerksdorp even has the largest maize silo in South Africa.
15. The town used to have its own stock exchange back in 1886.
16. Up until 1890, The Klerksdorp Museum was a prison.
Book your next trip with Limetime Shuttle Service, we have daily shuttles between Bloemfontein and OR Tambo, Rustenburg & Lanseria, Nelspruit & Klerksdorp, so many different destinations to choose from.
Travel with safety and comfort with Limetime shuttle service.