8 facts you might not have known about Rustenburg:
- Kroondal ( the German community) dates back to the year 1857
- Rustenburg used to be the 3rd oldest town in the previously know province of Transvaal.
- It has a population of +/- 400,000 and is currently the fastest-growing city.
- Home to the well known Royal Bafokeng Stadium.
- Rustenburg is not only home to Olympia Park multi-purpose stadium but also hosted matches in the 1995 IRB Rugby World Cup in South Africa.
- Rustenburg has two of the world's largest platinum mines (PMR) which produces round about 70% of the world's platinum.
- Amongst the first residents of Rustenburg were of Indian origin and they arrived in 1877, one of the major streets were named after this family "Fatima Bhayat Street."
- Rustenburg also brought a lot of talent to the world, Frik du Preez (former Springbok rugby player), as well as Esta Terblanche (South African soap opera actress), was born here.
Book your next trip with Limetime Shuttle Service, we have daily shuttles between Bloemfontein and OR Tambo, Rustenburg & Lanseria, Nelspruit & Klerksdorp, so many different destinations to choose from.
Travel with safety and comfort with Limetime shuttle service.