With the current provincial ban, keeping your family entertained can be quite a daunting task. We have created a list of our top picks for fun activities in and around our beautiful city of Nelspruit to keep the whole family busy.
- Our number one spot goes to the Kruger National Park. If you are looking for the perfect Sunday outing, taking a cruise through the wonders of the Kruger National Park should definitely be on the top of your list.
- Sudwala Caves and Dinosaur Park is the ideal destination for the more adventurous and historical group.
Find out loads of interesting facts about the history of dinosaurs. This historical cave is located just a few kilometres outside of Nelspruit.
- If you are looking for a breakaway destination from the rush of your day-to-day life, the Lowveld Botanical Gardens is a must. Walkthrough well-landscaped gardens and spoil yourself with the beauty of the waterfall and en-route restaurant options.
- Chimp Eden is yet another top pick for the wildlife enthusiast. The sanctuary is home to a bunch of rescued chimpanzees with quite the personalities. Guides take you on walks through this wonderful sanctuary. This is a must-see.
- Looking for a more indoor entertainment solution? Visit one of our two big-scale malls, Riverside and Ilanga. Both are situated with fun arcade-like entertainment centres and cinemas. Not to mention the list of different stores you can browse through.
- If you classify yourself more of a foodie, you will certainly be spoiled to the choice of the wide variety of food cultures that Nelspruit has to offer. From Mediterranean, Mexican, Italian to more South African styled restaurants - all are available in the heart of Mbombela.
Who says you have to travel hundreds of kilometres to have some fun?